Ford Disaster Relief Mobility Challenge
Three Ford Transit vehicles available for disaster relief orgs.
Helping communities respond to natural disasters has always been an important part of the Ford Motor Company Fund’s mission: strengthening communities and making people’s lives better.
Using the Ford Transit vehicle, the Ford Disaster Relief Mobility Challenge combines our strength as a trusted mobility company with your community needs in responding to a natural disaster.
The Ford Transit offers the flexibility to fit any business by offering a cargo van or passenger wagon plus your choice of three roof heights, three lengths and two wheelbases. Also available is the choice of three engines along with a seemingly endless list of upfitting options.
It is our hope that we will be able to better serve our communities by hearing from you on how to customize this versatile vehicle in a unique and beneficial way.
- Ford Motor Company will award three grants of $70,000 each to U.S. nonprofits to be used towards the purchase and up-fitting a Ford Transit to serve as a disaster response vehicle.
- The vehicles must be used to respond to natural disasters; defined as any event that is caused by nature and causes great damage such as a flood, earthquake or fire.
- Vehicle grant proposals must contain:
- Background on the nonprofit; specifically related to work in disaster relief. Please include data on the impact and geographic reach of any disaster relief work;
- A description of the overall need and how a Ford Transit vehicle would be used to uniquely service that need, including any special customizations or upfittings;
- Any alternate ways that the vehicle could be used when there is not an active disaster. Or, any possibility of deploying the Ford Transit to other parts of the country that may need disaster relief assistance;
- Winning proposals will be required to:
- Sign a gift agreement that outlines the intended use of the grant;
- Work with Ford Motor Company on a vehicle wrap that utilizes both nonprofit and Ford logos;
- Provide Ford quarterly metrics on the use of the vehicle (miles traveled, clients served, etc.)
Proposal submission process
All grant proposals must be submitted through our online grant system.
- To access our grant system, go to www.community.ford.com.
- You will receive an automated confirmation e-mail once your proposal has been successfully uploaded.
- Please review the online grant instructions as well as the Vehicle Grant Program FAQ document for additional information.
Timeline and process
- Applications are due by 5 p.m. EST on Sept. 15, 2018.
- Applicants will be notified of the results in September 2018.
- All questions regarding the Disaster Relief Mobility Challenge submissions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on the Ford Transit, please visit https://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/transit-cargo-van/